We Sell Cars: Paperwork You Need to Sell Your Car

by Zelmarie Roets | 28 Nov 2022 | Tips When Selling Your Car Share:

We Sell Cars: Paperwork You Need to Sell Your Car


Sell Your Car Quick is more than just an used car buying service. We also handle all the paperwork you need to get your car legally sold in 24 hours so that you can walk away with cash in hand on the spot and move on with your life. It may be a time-consuming process but we'll guide you through every step of it to make sure it goes smoothly. Fill out these forms before selling your car.


Proof of Ownership

A Proof of Ownership is a valid legal document that must be presented when selling your car. After you pay off your car loan or debt, the financial institution in charge of the vehicle finance will issue you with a Proof of Ownership certificate. If your loan is still outstanding, the financial institution must be made aware of your wish to put the car on sale. The institution will then request a settlement letter which will contain information about your outstanding car loan. When selling your car quickly, it is important that you check with the institution beforehand and get them to release the vehicle’s Certificate of Registration (CVR) before it has been sold.


Notification of Change of Ownership

You will need a Notification of Change of Ownership (NCO) so you can transfer the right of ownership of your car. (This is available at your local traffic department) When you want to sell a used car, you and the buyer must sign copies of the NOC form. One copy must be sent to the Department of Transport. This does not apply to a vehicle trade-off. The paperwork required for this type of transaction would be in accordance with what the dealership requires. If you are looking to sell your car quickly, we recommend contacting us to get the quickest response possible. Sell Your Car Quick, you can expect no hassles when it comes to buying or selling your vehicle.


Application for Registration of Motor Vehicle


Once the sale is concluded, the buyer must complete the Application for Registration of Motor Vehicle form. Again, this form is not necessary when the car is being traded-in.


Vehicle Registration Certificate


You will have a copy of the Vehicle Registration Certificate which would have been issued to you when you bought the car. The buyer will need the original form for when he/she registers the car. As a seller, you should also keep a copy for your own record and for registering the car. To sell your car online in Gauteng with Sell Your Car Quick you just need to provide us with the vehicle registration certificate, title information and proof of current insurance.


Service history

Your car’s service history will play a major part in obtaining the best possible resale value for your car. Give your buyer the full-service history booklet and any other receipts for work that would impact future warranties and/or maintenance plans.


Sell Your Car Quick! We can help you sell your car at great prices and with the best customer service around. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to give us a call at (082) 522 5165 today! We make it easy to sell your car online, too—just fill out the form below, and we’ll help you get the word out about your car for sale. Feel free to ask as many questions as you want. We look forward to hearing from you!